One Autumn morning in October I was walking to school it had to have been 40 degrees plus I had to walk the whole twenty minutes it takes for me to get to school. As I was walking down my street I could hear deer walking on the crunching leaves under their feet, I could hear honking as they head south, birds chirping as they eat out of colorful bird feeders. On my way to school I decided to stop at Palmer's Apple Orchard, I walked in and bought some hot apple cider and a bright red Macintosh apple. As I continued walking and drinking my hot apple cider, I decided to count how many things that are different in fall than in any other season. I saw trees with no leaves on them instead all the colorful leaves were on the ground crunching under my pink and white tennis shoes. I could also see pumpkins lining the house walks all the way down the street, little children running down the street to get to the bus stop on time. Even with my fluffy white and purple striped jacket I could still feel the extremely cold and crisp wind blowing very hard probable twenty miles per hour. I got closer to school and I was able to make out my friends Kristi, Haley, Brittany, Jessica as well as a million other high school kids all running towards the school building to get out of the cold, But not me I stayed out dawdling a little longer so I could enjoy everything about nature, the trees the colorful leaves, wind, and the smells just a little longer than I ran to the door and down the hall to catch up to my friends and we all walked to class.
No comments:
Post a Comment