Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ponder♥

I started reading this book called "He Who Laughs lasts and lasts and lasts" ByRoy H. Hicks. D.D. How did I ever come across a book like this? Not just by looking in the library, no, instead yesterday afternoon was not a good one for me, I ended up actually crying and calling a friend for advice and a few pick-me-ups to help me get through the day and even still when me and that friend hung up the phone tears were streaming down my face uncontrollably. But I looked over to my mom’s bookshelf while lying in her bed and say this book. So I picked it up and began reading. Chapter one: Laughter, An Attitude. I thought to myself in the very beginning, sure it’s an attitude but it’s not like I can be joyful about the trials my I’m going through in my life, or can I? I have the choice between waking up every morning and saying “Crap. Another day, let’s hope this one does not suck as much as the past few” or saying “Dude. I’m alive today. I’m going to live life to the fullest and be happy and smile. God overflow my heart with joy and peace abundantly!” The very first sentence/words out of your mouth in the morning are going to help set the mood of your day, I’ve learned that mostly the hard way. But  in saying all of that, you have a choice start your day with God, invite Him into your day, with scripture and prayer and ask him to fill your heart with the fruit of the spirit and fill your mouth with His words and your mind with good thoughts. Sometime’s yes, it’s extremely hard to keep a positive attitude, no matter who you are, you can’t always be happy, but you can have a joyful spirit. "We will face many tests...but the Lord is out strength. We can be happy if we want to, or miserable if we desire. It is out attitude that will be showing. If you are having difficulty showing a good, positive, happy attitude, than learn how to express good, solid, scripture-based convictions. Let them glow. Speak them out loud:  "I can go all things through Christ"  "Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world."  "If God be for me who can me against me."  "I can fun through the troop and leap over a wall!” Than expect that attitude to change. Don't cry...laugh!”(Hicks, 15)
       When I read that, I made a choice I was going to be joyful from here out, no matter what else crosses my path,  am I saying it’s wrong to cry? Of course not, it’s not wrong to cry, everyone cry’s and that’s not wrong.  We’re human we’re going to cry, and we’re going to go through trials that hurt our hearts deeply. But be joyful even in sorrow, because God is your strength.  “This is a faith laughter that stems from deep-rooted faith in the finished work of the cross. We are already in God’s plan, seated there with His son, Jesus. The battle is over. The victory is won. We are already victors, wearing the victor’s crown.  We do not wait to express joy on that finial day, but by faith see ourselves in His presence. Proverbs 10:22 speaks of the blessing of the Lord that maketh rich and addeth no sorrow with it. Zephaniah 3:17 suggests that God is not only mighty but will rejoice over us with joy, and laughter is joy overflowing. He sees us there in His presence, and we see ourselves there by faith.  When the disciples saw their risen Lord and knew it was He they had with them, the Scripture states “they believed it not for joy.”  Or, what they really said was “it’s too good to be true.” Yet praise God it is true. We are redeemed, set free and already there in His sight. We can laugh with God, by faith, we receive this great truth” (Hicks, 19)

No comments: