Monday, August 29, 2011

I was just 15 in my 10th grade year of high school. I was sitting in my favorite class of the day Chemistry, when over the loud speaker the office secretary said 
“Kristi Ann Musko please report to the office ready to go home” So my teacher said 
“Go get your things and than head back here and I will give you the homework for tonight and tomorrow just in case your not here ok?” 
I got up and left the class wondering why I had to leave. I loved school and did not have a doctors appointment as far as I knew! As I got to my locker I heard again them call for me again this time it sounded urgent so I grabbed my bag, coat, geometry and English books and ran back to the science lab. My teacher had all my work ready I grabbed it and ran to the office. Once I got to the office one of the secretary’s handed me the phone and said “Its your aunt Jill” I took the phone and said “hello aunt Jill what’s wrong” 
She said “its your mother she got in a car accident and is not responding to anyone!” I could not move let alone speak I just dropped the phone and ran out of the office crying harder than I have ever cried before!
I ran out the front doors of the school and sat there on the cold, hard bench outside of my school building. My eyes so filled with tears, I trembled with sadness, balling that sounded of an alarm going on and on. I struggled to catch my breath but it was like trying to ice skate on a lake not yet frozen. All I wanted to know was why I had to receive that horrendous phone call? I looked back at the main school doors to see if anyone was coming I saw my best friend Catharine, Charlie for short running right towards me. I tried to catch my breath to tell her what was going on but I could not as she sat on the bench next to me she asked me if I wanted to talk? I told her no I just wanted to cry so she grabbed me in the biggest hug and just held me tightly! After about twenty minuets my uncle pulled up in his red truck. He got out and walked over to where Charlie and I were sitting. He gave me a hug and said he was here to pick me up and if I wanted he would sign out me and Charlie and she could stay with me! So he went in to the office and called Charlie’s mom and asked she said yes, so he signed us out and we left. First he went to grab us some food since we had missed lunch than he took us to the hospital where my mom was! The whole way there I was crying and Charlie was trying to comfort me as best as she could. When we arrived I did not want to go in and see my mom when she could not talk and was in a coma I did not think I could do it but my uncle said I could, so we went in! When I saw my mom I cried even harder than before she was hooked up to all these wires and tubes and was not breathing on her own it was so hard to see her like this and the whole time Charlie never left my side! After about 30min of sitting next to my moms hospital bed I had to leave I just could not stay any longer it was making things worse, so me and Charlie went out to where my aunt and uncle were and I asked if we could go? They said yes and my uncle, Charlie, and I left. My aunt stayed to be with my mom. My uncle took us to his house we stayed there since my dad was still out of state and on his way but he still would not make it back till the morning! I laid awake for hours I don’t even think I got any sleep at all that night, and of course Charlie stayed awake with me.
The whole night I was just praying and asking God why this had to happen? I was worried all night not knowing what to do. It was about 7am when my cell phone rang it was my dad I answered and he said he was crossing the border to Michigan in a few minutes and would be here in about 5 hours, he also asked if we had heard from aunt Jill and sadly i had to say no! Charlie left the room for a few minutes and than came back and told me my uncle had left to get chocolate and mountain dew to cheer me up and of course those two words are the best things ever and with your best friend my goodness its amazing! After he got back we left to visit my mom she was still in a coma and not breathing on her own this time we stayed for a few hours just waiting after about two hours of sitting next to my mommy the doctor came in and said “I’m not sure how much longer she’s going to live!” I stopped dead in my tracks I did not say a word I could not cry, I ran out of the room with Charlie close behind me! That was the worst thing I had ever head and I did not know what to do! My cell phone rang and it was Jade, I did not want to talk to her she was so sweet and had to of heard something and I could defiantly not talk to her right now so I made Charlie answer my phone! Jade asked why the two of us had not been in school so Charlie walked out of the room to explain it to her! As Charlie came back in tears filled her eyes and this was the first time since Friday morning when I told her what was wrong. I asked what was wrong she said that everything that had happened has finally hit her and hit her hard! We both cried and cried for a few hours we just sat there on the edge of my bed. Until my cell rang it was my dad, he was calling to tell me he was at the hospital with my mom and wanted me to come up there as soon as I could! So I called Charlie’s mom and asked if she could come pick us up and take us to the hospital she said yes and was on her way! We got ready to go and left as soon as she got there. We walked in to the hospital and up to the 7th floor where my mom was, I saw my dad in the hall crying he could not talk and could not move I ran all the way down the hall and hugged him he told me to go in by my mother so I did as I was told. As I walked in my mothers room she had even more tubes and wires than she had the night before and was defiantly not breathing on her own not even a little bit! I dropped to my knees and cried Charlie ran in the room as fast as she could and grabbed me in the biggest hug as we just sat there crying! You see me and Charlie have been friends since the 1st grade we were in the same class and ever since than we have been best of friends, we both love the same things, neither of us play sports but are very energetic and did I mention we love God and believe in Him with all of our existence! So one thing we knew for sure was we had to ask God for peace and to comfort us in our times of trials! So I grabbed my Bible out of my purse and I asked God to show me a verse that could bring me peace and know that everything happens for His good and perfect will, I opened my Bible to John 14:2-4 John 14:2-4 1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.” Which is one of my favorite verses ever I read it and than closed my Bible! I sat there on the floor of my mothers room for what seemed like hours till my aunt Jill came in a tapped me on the shoulder. She grabbed me in a hug and we walked out of the room. For the next week I did not leave my room my uncle brought me food and Charlie stayed with me, her mom let her stay and not go to school. Her mom called to tell the school what was going on so we both had excused absences! About 2 weeks after the doctor told me he did not think my mother was going to live much longer I got a call on my cell phone from my dad he said in a very choked up voice“ honey…I just got word from the doctor and he said you mother is not expected to live longer than tonight” 

No comments: